Iron X Lemon Scent is the latest Iron particle remover formulation from the wizards at Carpro. With a much more pleasing scent than the earlier iterations of the product but with the same powerful iron removing properties.
Vehicle paintwork, including painted wheels, contains microscopic ridges called capillaries, these ridges collect ferrous oxide iron from the environment, most typically from industrial fallout, rail dust and manufacturing processes. It forms a chemical bond in the ridges and prohibits the bond of any wax, polymer or silica based paint protection.
Iron X can also be used as a powerful standalone wheel cleaner that actively dissolves the graphite compounds found in automotive brake materials. These are highly corrosive elements and in addition to the environmental contamination from railways, manufacturing & industrial fallout, your vehicles brakes are constantly spewing these corrosive materials onto your wheels and paint, there has never before been an easier and safer method to chemically dissolve and remove such material without the use of harsh acid which can cause damage to delicate wheel and painted surfaces.
- Use outdoors or with sufficient ventilation.
- Use Nitrile or protective gloves when working with Iron X.
- For use on exterior painted surfaces ensure you remove all tar deposits with Carpro Tar X
- Ensure you have removed all wax or sealants from wheels and exterior painted surfaces before using Iron X. To aid in this you can use a powerful wash soap such as Concours Snow+
- For best results apply to a mostly dry surface.
- Shake the bottle.
- Spray Iron X to a cool dry wheel for best results, a little goes a long way so you can use a microfiber cloth or wash mitt specifically for wheels (never mix wheel wash implements with your vehicles paintwork wash implements) to spread product across the entire wheel face.
- Allow sufficient time for reaction of product, you will notice the brake dust turning purple and a “bleeding” effect will begin to occur on the wheel surface.
- Depending on how soiled the wheel is, you can choose to agitate the wheel to aid in removal of hard baked wheel contamination. You may choose to use Iron X snow soap as your wheel shampoo to aid further in the wheel cleaning process.
- High pressure rinse the wheel surface to remove residue of product and the dissolved iron with it. Repeat steps 1 – 4 if wheel is not sufficiently cleaned.
FOR VEHICLE PAINTWORK
- Ensure paint is sufficiently cleaned of any prior wax or sealants, tar deposits and other fallout. If you are not sure if your car has wax or tar on it, always use a clay bar with adequate lubrication as a preparation step for Iron Removal. Failure to do so may cause the product not to react with all Iron present on the vehicles paintwork.
- Spray Iron X directly onto painted surface in the shade ensuring the panel temp is cool to the touch, let the product dwell for 3 – 5 minutes or until you begin to see a reaction on the paintwork. (Please note, dark color cars may not visibly react in the same manner as a light colored car (white or silver) this is not an indication of the product not working or the vehicle not having contamination, even brand new cars have iron contamination in the paint, it’s simply not able to contrast on a dark color the same way it is on a light color, to confirm this, simply mist the panel with your pressure washer or hose attachment and allow the water to carry the Iron X off the panel and onto the ground, you will notice a purple pool start to form, this is the reacted Iron bled from the panels)
- Once reaction has taken place, rinse the vehicle as best as possible with a hose or pressure washer, then give the vehicle a quick wash to neutralize the surface and ensure it is free of any remaining Iron X. This will make certain the panel is ready to have protectants applied to it and will not be hindered by any product residue.