Cquartz UK by CarPro is a revolutionary nano technology SiO2 (silica) based glass coating whose protection is measured in terms of years, not months or seasons. UK has been designed with user simplicity in mind and is one of the easiest products to apply in the new range of ceramic coatings to have recently taken the paint protection market by storm.
By applying Cquartz UK to your vehicle you are giving it a sacrificial semi permanent glass layer that will give a gloss level that is unmatched by conventional polymer and organic wax based protectants. UK will not simply wash off like traditional paint sealants and will in fact resist harsh chemical based cleaners.Because of glass coating technologies unique low surface energy formula it is able to fill and level paint ridges (capillaries) which in turn gives the coating a “self cleaning effect” also known as the lotus effect.
This means the coating actively rejects bonding of contamination and when water is introduced to the surface it carries the contamination off with it, this is also aided by the 110 degree water drop angle of CQuartz UK.
Additionally CQuartz UK will help resist scratching and minor marring both from maintenance washing procedures and in general driving use. With additional thickness on top of the manufacturers clear coat, CQuartz UK has the ability to both resist and absorb damage that commonly occurs to vehicle paintwork.
Vehicle maintenance has never been easier than with coating technology, CQuartz UKis complemented by CarPro Reset which is a specially formulated wash to maintain the coating operating at peak performance. CarPro Reload (included in the kit) can then be applied as an additional temporary sacrificial layer for a 6 month durability as a standalone product, this not only aids in maintaining the coating but promotes an overall longer lifespan of the product.
- 50ml bottle of CQuartz UK Edition (Approximately 2 average size vehicles)
- 100ml bottle of Reload Silica Spray (Updated Reload 2014 Reload Formula)
- Large Size Applicator Block
- 4′ Microfiber Suede Applicators
- 16′ Microfiber Suede Towel
- Professional only coating performance for an end user price with extremely simple application method.
- 60% SiO2 (silica) with 99.9% purity
- Average thickness is between 1 µm ~2.5 µm.
- Minor swirl filling abilities
- CarPro Reload Included
- Can be applied to Paint, Wheels, Chrome, Metals, Headlights and Glass
- Can add multiple layers for increased gloss and durability
- For product to reach maximum performance vehicle surfaces must be thoroughly washed and decontaminated with a clay bar and then followed with an iron removal process using CarPro Iron X
- Any defects existing in the paintwork will be ‘locked in’ by the coating, heavy defects such as swirling and deep scratching and water spots may compromise coating performance and should be removed by a machine polisher before commencing coating
- All polish oil and residue prior to coating must be removed by an IPA solution or CarPro Eraser
- CarPro Essence can be used as a primer base coat to increase gloss and promote greater adhesion of CQuartz UK
- Ensure adequate time and lighting for coating application and removal, failure to completely remove product residue in stated time as per application directions will lead to having to machine polish for removal and reapplication
Take out the applicator block and a suede MF towel from the kit and pour 5-6 drops of CQuartz UK
Apply to surface area in criss cross pattern in small sections, reapplying CQuartz UK to your applicator as necessary
Once you have applied to a section as large as one quarter of the bonnet, we have found removal is easiest with a super soft microfiber towel, you may also use the included MF towel in the kit, ensure that you fold the towel into fours and periodically change sides as you wipe away product residue, this ensures the towel does not become clogged with hardened glass materials from the coating
Once you have visibly removed all product residue from the surface, follow up a fresh suede towel from the kit in the same pattern you applied the product to ensure it’s completely level and even
Repeat steps 1-4 across entire vehicle exterior until whole car is coated. Wait 2 hours before layering with another application of CQuartz UK or applying the included Reload
POST APPLICATION NOTES
- Park vehicle in direct sun any time after application is complete.
- Keep surface dry for at least six hours after application
- Wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
- Do not wash with any soaps for the first 7 days after application.
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surface.
- Do not re-use 4′ Suede applicators after one vehicle as they will crystalize and could scratch paint if re-used
- Do not re-use the towels you used to remove residue with unless you immediately wash them in water and all purpose cleaner following use
- Wear hand protection (disposable gloves)
- We always recommend using our CarPro Face Mask or respiratory protection when needed as a precaution with any chemicals from any company.